Sunday, October 25, 2009

Super Mario Smash Brothers Brawl


The Super Mario Smash Brothers Brawl was so difficult for me when I played it the first time, but I guess I need more practice. When I picked the player that I wanted it was fairly easy, until I actually had to play. It took less than five minutes when I realize that I lost to the other player. I was so anticipated to play another round but there was something in the back of my mind that was just telling me to observe. One will encounter culture of power when playing this game because there are a wide variety of different races, gender and ethnicity. This game is highly aggressive, but very entertaining to watch.

However, I was comparing this game to Mortal Kombat, which I enjoy playing. I observe that there is a tremendous amount of violence that occurs in Mortal Kombat, but Super Mario Smash Brothers Brawl shows less violence then I would have intended. I am very impressed to see that they have a female fight, even though she is very girly, she is not being portrait as a bystander. The characters are look like creatures, but one can tell whether they are a female or a male competitor. This game I think was awesome all though I felt that I killed my own self.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you when you say that it is very entertaining but much less violent than mortal combat for example. I am glad you spoke about the culture of power in the game- I had not even thought about it but you are right it does exist in this game. I also liked seeing Princess Peach as a fighter as opposed to a damsel in distress!

    ReplyDelete